Grandin Village is a fantastic destination for any family! Aside from having a fun time at the toystore playing with toys, learning how to play a new game, or just hanging out, here are some other things you can do when you're in the neighborhood.
Places of interest:
- Grandin Movie Theatre - historic movie theatre that hosts free Saturday morning cartoons during the summer among other family-friendly events. They also make the best popcorn in town!
- Greenway and parks - we're just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the Roanoke Greenway which is full of things to do...a sculpture garden, playing in the river under the bridge near Black Dog Salvage, Wasena park, the skate park, Green Goat Restaurant...you name it!
Places to eat:
- Pops Ice Cream and Soda Bar - step back in time at Pops! Choose a delicious, hand-pressed grilled cheese sandwich or get an old fashioned soda fountain creation. Great for families and adult kids!
- Graces Place Pizza - one of my family's favorite places for pizza! They also serve pasta, salads, and more. A great sit-in restaurant or you can order one while you're shopping and take one home!
- Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op - not only is this a great place to grab a snack for your kiddos and yourself, it's also a great place to grab some lunch! The Happy Belly Deli, located in the back of the store, makes great soups, sandwiches, and salads. Always fresh and healthy!
- Viva La Cupcake - who can say "no" to a cupcake?! Turn your trip to the toystore into a treat all-around! They also regularly have events in store like visits from Santa and the Easter Bunny.
- Cups Coffee & Tea - we know what it's like to be a parent! Coffee can come in handy! Stop by Cups across the street from our store to grab a cup and get re-energized before coming to play. They always have great treats too that the little ones are sure to love.
Places to shop:
- Too Many Books - a fantastic used bookstore! Trade your old ones in for some new ones! You can never have too many books and they have a fantastic selection of children's books.
- Urban Gypsy - a beautiful store that has women's clothing, a selection of children's items, jewelry, and gifts. It's a visual treat to walk into this store.
- New To Me Consignment - a consignment store that doesn't feel like your typical consignment store. Wonderful clothes, furniture, and more here!
- Starlight Bikes - before heading to the Greenway stop by Starlight to get your bike fixed up or to buy a new one!
- Black Dog Salvage - it's hard to describe this place but it's a must-go-to spot in Roanoke. A fascinating collection of architectural salvage and antiques. It's the home to the hit show, Salvage Dawgs. A really good place to go to, especially if you're on a kid-free outing.